Addyson made it to the dentist yesterday for the first time and did rather well. We all know how much we love the dentist so talking it up was kind of painful but considering we did not want her to be scared, I think we did a fairly good job of it. She was intimidated by the chair but the hygienist was great and convinced Addyson that it was like a carnival ride. She made Addyson believe that she was going to "tickle" her teeth when she was cleaning them and made her believe that wearing the sunglasses was the coolest thing ever. It worked for most of the appointment but when Addyson decided she didn't like the cleaning anymore, the hygienist just brushed her front teeth for her instead. She showed Addyson how to floss which Addyson has done twice now since being home and she has even convinced Addyson that she needs to brush twice a day. (Now that is all Addyson wants to do.) The dentist was a little scary to her, but he was good with her and counted her teeth and checked her overbite without much of an incident. Overall it was a good experience, but we will see how cooperative she is in 6 months when we have to go back.

Morgan is progressing along as expected. She is eating every vegetable that I give her and has started taking to the cereal much better. She wasn't too thrilled with applesauce and even gagged when I kept trying to get her to taste it. Not sure why, but Addyson reacted the same way to applesauce and didn't eat it again until she was over a year old. Morgan is sleeping at night much better although we still haven't had an allnighter.....hopefully she starts doing it soon so I can start going to 5:30 AM group power again. 

Her naps were getting better but today she is struggling with sleeping again. She wouldn't fall asleep this morning and then was so tired and fussy in our pilates class. Right now, she keeps crying but then falling asleep. (She does fall asleep in the Jumperoo, but honestly can I really feel good about letting a five month old sleep in that....haha!) I am hoping to get her used to a solid hour and a half nap schedule. She needs it. Actually, in all selfishness, I need it too! (How else am I going to update this blog? ha!)
My birthday was this past week and I had really hoped for a quiet day from the kids but who am I kidding? They have no clue what I want and acted as crazy as ever. I was able to go to lunch with my friends and their kids and overall the girls acted pretty good, but the rest of the day was a typical "I am about to pull out my hair" day. Maybe as the girls get older, I will get some peace and quiet on my day. haha! Besides that, what are birthdays....just days to remind yourself that you are another year older. I keep telling myself to look at it as another year that has passed with my family. Every year that I make it to was another year of seeing my girls grow up. Not everyone gets that opportunity so I need to take full advantage of what I have. I need to seize the day, not look at the past or think about the future but look at today and what it is offering to me. Sometimes we all need that kind of reminder.




No comments:
Post a Comment