Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snowy Day


Wow! Now, I know that all my life we have had bouts of snow but today seemed really bad. I guess because Tim had to close his branch, it made it seem like we were getting a lot more. I believe we got around 12 inches, but with the drifting snow, it makes it hard to tell for sure. Addyson wanted to play in it so bad but with Tim working and me having to watch Morgan she didn't get to go outside today. Saturday may be a better day for her to play in it. Hopefully, Morgan will be walking next year at this time, so I can take both girls out in the snow....if we get this much again. I think this is starting to be a record year for this area with snowfall totals. This is a picture of our backyard but it doesn't give the snow storm justice....I just want Spring to get here! Don't we all?


So on Sunday, the Antholines came over for the Superbowl. Kaylee was starting to take a lot of steps by herself and I got to see her take 5 in a row. That was exciting. It reminded me so much of Addyson when she first started walking. Can you believe that was almost 2 years ago? These kids are growing up so fast. A year is going to flash before my eyes and Morgan is going to be trying to walk. Right now, though, it is really hard to imagine. Morgan is starting to push herself up with her arms when we give her tummy time so I am pretty happy about that. Addyson and I root her on and she seems to like that. Morgan is still sleeping well and actually slept 12 hours the other night getting up only once and after 8 hours of sleep. It feels so good to get sleep again! The first 8 weeks seem like a lifetime ago. She seems to be struggling with the bottle but we continue to work with it every day so we can have some flexibility with her in the future. Sometimes a mom needs to go somewhere without the kids, right? :O)

I took Addyson to a preschool on Monday in the hopes that it would motivate her to potty train. She loved the place and went right in the room and started doing the stuff with the kids that were in class. She was hard to convince to leave. After we left, she said she needs to go on the big potty so she can go to school but once we got home, it was a no-go! Now she tells me that she will try it when she gets bigger. I am raising one stubborn child! Everyone tells me that it just sort of clicks with children and one of these days she will want to do it and it will only take a few days to get it done. Gosh, I hope they are right. It is so frustrating.

2 comments:

audra said...

I love the site- it looks great and the pictures are awesome. I can't believe how young Addyson looks in the ones from the summer. Its crazy how quickly they change and how fast it goes. Its hard to believe that Layla was just a few weeks older than Morgan when we first met you guys.

Tina Marie said...

Hi Kristal! This site is great - maybe I'll try to start one of my own! It is true what they say about potty-training. One day Katie just decided that she wanted to use the big-girl potty, and there was no going back for her. I almost felt guilty about how easy it seemed once she made up her mind. I'd love to get a mini-reunion together down here, but let's wait until it gets a little warmer out.... Miss you!!
-- Tina