Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Holy Cow! She took a Bottle


I have such a hard time believing that a 3-month-old can be so stubborn and already set in her ways that when she decides she doesn't want a bottle, the bottle strike will last for 16 days! Well, that is what has happened here in Morgan's world! And yes, I took a picture of it to document the unbelievable feat that happened during lunch today. (Plus, when she decides tomorrow to NOT take it again, I want proof that I wasn't hallucinating and to prove it to my lovely husband who definitely will not believe it unless he sees pictures!) After all the crying (not sure how many hours of it, I lost track the first day) and frustration we have gone through in order to get her to even suck on the bottle for a second, today's accomplishment is a huge relief for us all. All I kept thinking about was how I would have to plan every outing around Morgan's eating schedule and in all honesty, it didn't sound like too much fun. I am probably getting too excited for nothing, because tomorrow is a new day and she may refuse it all over again, but at least her projectile spitting up is over. That was a real treat all last week. We even had a lovely incident at the YMCA when I was walking her into Kids Corner (so I could take a class)....she spit up all over herself and me. What a mess! At least I had extra clothes for her....whereas I had to smell it on my shirt for the entire hour and believe me, sweat and spit up don't really mix well. I have never been so ready to go home after a class as I was that day! No one said that parenting was easy and I have to say that every day brings a new challenge but I do love these girls more than anything and every day I think about how lucky I am to have them in my life.




The past week has been kind of boring. Not a lot going on. The big snow predicted for last night missed us (thank god!) and we only got a little dusting, which I will take over 6 inches any day! It was bitterly cold today though and really making me long for Spring. I think every Wisconsin/Northern Illinois family needs a FL or AZ vacation about this time of year just to keep sane! All this snow and cold is enough to make us think seriously about moving to Arizona someday. (J/K!)




So, I have been reading books this winter at a record pace and just finished one that is definitely going down as one of my favorites. It is a memoir by Jen Lancaster called Bright Lights, Big Ass. She lives in Chicago so a lot of the places she talks about were familiar to me, so I highly recommend this book to all of you that have ever lived in the city. It brought back a lot of memories of those crazy years, that is for sure. She also has a hilarious blog that I have been reading and made me decide to list the blogs I look at regularly outside of the friends and family ones I frequent. I hope you enjoy my list and in all actuality, you probably already read some of them. (Perez Hilton, anyone?)




Well, I am off to get my baby girl that finally decided to wake up after a 2 1/2 hour nap! I certainly can't complain about her sleeping, which to me is the most important thing we have!

No comments: