Wednesday, February 20, 2008

She finally did it!





Addyson can finally say she went on the big potty! It has only happened once, but to me that is a start! She has been begging me to let her wear underwear every day, but with all the accidents and never actually going in the potty, it was so hard for me to let her continue to pee on the floor! Tonight she wore underwear and after all my begging and pleading with her to just try the potty, she did and actually peed in it. We were both so excited about it. She almost started crying when she did it. I think it was the excitement and the realization that it isn't as scary as she once thought. Needless to say, she got to put on her tutu that she has been staring at for the last few weeks. And after I put her to bed tonight, I noticed her light was on in her room and when I went in there, she was putting the tutu back on, so I am letting her sleep in it. She promised me that she would go in the potty again tomorrow so that she would not have to wear diapers anymore but we will see if that really happens or not. Once we get this mastered, the only thing I have left to work on is Morgan and her bottle. She still won't drink from one and I have even enlisted Addyson's help in trying to get her to take it. The pictures show how sweet Addyson is with her sister (on most days - haha!), and she tried for about 20 minutes even wiping Morgan's face when the bottle slipped out of her mouth a few times. Needless to say it did not work, but at least Addyson gave it a shot. She has been wanting to feed her baby sister since she was born, so I am sure it was a thrill for her to get to try it tonight.

No comments: