Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Last Week in September

We are ready for the game to start.
Morgan and Daddy
Mommy and Addyson having fun at the game
Morgan watching the game from her standing position behind the seat
Addyson getting down to Morgan's level.
Addyson after eating a purple cupcake from Will's birthday party and after getting her chin glued back together! At least she is happy. :O)
Morgan thinks she can climb the stairs....although to me it looks pretty daunting when you are that little.
Morgan looks back to make sure someone is still watching her.
Morgan longing to be picked up by Grandpa.
Grandma Debbie reading to Morgan, Addyson and Ashlyn. (Wake Up Ashlyn!)



I really cannot believe that today is the last day in September. Today is Tim and my 8th wedding anniversary...that is crazy. We have been married for 8 years and been together for 10, but first met in August of 1992, where has the time gone? I think back to all those years at EIU, then the 3 years I lived in Chicago, and then the move to Algonquin, it really seems like yesterday. Now Tim and I are in WI with two little girls....one in preschool and one about to turn 1. It all seems so surreal sometimes .


So last Thursday started as any normal day with me taking Addyson to gymnastics. When we got home, I decided to wash Morgan's carseat because she spilled her bottle all over the inside of it, so with the cushioning in the washer, Addyson decided to wash her hands in the bathroom sink (as she always does). Well, I guess she didn't judge the distance between her chin and the sink when she was getting down because she bonked it on the sink and started screaming! It split open the underside of her chin but really didn't bleed too badly, but after two cuts on her forehead, I knew if it was gaping, she was probably going to need more stitches.....and guess what? Every time she moved her mouth, it would gape. So I called the nurse at her pediatrician's office and she recommended we go to Urgent Care right away to get it looked at. Knowing that sometimes time is a factor in these cases, I turned off Addyson's mac and cheese on the stove and went to grab Morgan for her carseat, only to remember that her cushion is in the midst of a spin cycle in the washer! ugghhhh! Why is it always that way when you are in a hurry? Murphy's Law, I guess....so we had to wait for it to finish and then the poor thing had to sit on a towel in her seat to keep her from getting soaked! I am sure that wasn't comfortable! Luckily the Urgent Care wasn't busy and they got us right in. The doctor decided to glue it instead of stitches since she has already gone through the stitches trauma twice in her short lifetime. It already looks like it is healing up nicely but that makes 3 scars on her face. I think she has gotten more scars on her face in 3 years than most people do in a lifetime....I hope things start getting better for my clumsy little girl. I don't know if I can handle another accident. :O)


Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Kenny came up for the Cubs-Brewers game at Miller Park on Saturday. We had a great time and the girls did great again. Addyson slept a little bit at the game and on the way home, but Morgan, being stubborn, refused to take a nap but still seemed to smile through all of it and had fun just holding onto the seat in front of her so she could stand. The Cubs won and forced the Brewers to wait one more day before they clinched the Wild Card and kept our (Tim and mine) win streak intact at Miller Park. Hopefully, if they meet in the NLCS, the Cubs can keep up their good luck at Miller Park, but we shall see. The Cubs season has been so much fun these past two years so whatever happens in the postseason shouldn't take away from the baseball that was played in the last 6 months, although I know it will disappoint the many Cubs fans who have been patiently waiting for it to finally happen.


On to other things......Morgan is 10 months old now and still not crawling, but she is already onto better things like pulling herself up and standing while holding on to stuff. She tries so hard to crawl but with the hardwood floors, she slips constantly. I think she is a little discouraged by that and has given up on it....she scoots herself over to the couch and then pulls herself up and then bounces while smiling, so proud of her accomplishment. I don't expect her to walk anytime soon, but the goal is to have her walking before our February trip to Mexico. Luckily I still have 4 months. Morgan finally has two teeth that are about all the way in. I was beginning to wonder if the poor child was ever going to get teeth. She was great about them coming in with no signs of it at all. Lately she has been a little stinker when it comes time for napping because she likes to sit up on her own, so when you put her in the crib she sits herself up, and she cannot get back down so she cries forever until you go in and lay her down. Today it took three times of me doing that until she finally gave up and stayed down and fell asleep. Plus it has gotten harder to take her places in the morning because she really needs that nap. I think I have to give up my exercise class during her morning naptime because otherwise she is really cranky and hard to handle until her afternoon nap. I know that kids generally give up the morning nap after they are one, so for the next few months, I think I can be a little more accommodating for her since she was so accommodating for me for the last 10 months!

No comments: