The weather has been so great this week, which is what I love about Fall. We usually get a few days of cooler weather and then it warms up again and reminds me that I need to get outside and enjoy this because it may be the last time for awhile. I get so spoiled with Summer and begin to think, oh well, there will be more days like this so I can do that on a nice day later in the week.....and usually I don't get to it. But knowing it is September I tend to do it now instead of later. Today the girls and I went to a park in the area and we visited with some other moms from our group. Addyson was thrilled to get to play with some of her friends, although we are still going through the struggle of sharing the swings and not listening when mommy says no. I asked the other moms, "when will these girls ever get over the love of swinging?" None of us know that answer but it will be nice when they can learn to pump their legs and swing themselves! Well, I say that now, but I am sure a few years from now, I will be wishing my girls still needed me to push them. It was so nice to get outside and let the girls play even though I gave up my running on the treadmill to do it. I told one friend that I guess I need to realize that I have all winter to work out and need to use the nice days that are left to get outside with my kids.
This past Saturday, Tim and I got to experience another great Cubs game. They clinched the division! It was so fun to see all the excited fans (us included) and the team running around the field with the champagne. We went with our friends Steve and Laura and as crazy as it is...we were with them at the game in 2003 when the Cubs clinched the division that year. Let's hope they can play as well in the playoffs as they did that year...with the exception of losing in the NLCS. We really need them to win it all this year. After a 100 year drought, enough is enough! They just need to do it this time! We will be going to the game this weekend at Miller Park which should be a lot of fun since there is so much for Addyson to do there and we can let her do it since there is no pressure of them winning, but the pressure is back on the Cubs starting next Wednesday and especially Thursday when Tim and I will be there....I hate being at a game when they lose! So all I can say is....Go Cubbies!




No comments:
Post a Comment