Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Morgan finally crawls!

She finally crawls!
Morgan trying to keep up with Addyson
Addyson eating her cider donut at Elegant Farmer! Yum! She loved picking her own apples!
Addyson and Kaylee hitching a ride to the apple trees.
Morgan even tried to pick an apple.
Can you spot Uncle Bob in this picture?
Tim and Addyson climb up high to get the best apples.
Here is one for you, Mommy!

Well, it never fails, but as soon as I wrote about Morgan not crawling yet, she figured it out. She figured out how to crawl backwards earlier last week, but when she was at Aunt Diana's Thursday night, she mastered it. I don't know if it was the access to a lot more carpet or what, but the next morning, Diana informed me that Morgan was officially crawling! Now she is all over the place and if I leave the room for a second, I never know where I am going to find her when I come back. I have already had to put a gate up on the top of the stairs because she beelined for them yesterday when I was cleaning up there! I had forgotten how crazy crawling babies can be. She has also decided that pureed baby food is no longer cool, and refuses all of it...she will only eat what she can pick up herself. If you try to spoon feed her, she puts her face into the highchair so you can't get to her mouth. She is a smart little one. She is only 6 weeks away from her first birthday which blows my mind because it still feels like yesterday when we were making plans for the induction and to think I was huge just a short year ago and wishing away the weeks before her birth so I could see her and get out of the maternity clothes...gosh did I hate those!

We went to the Cubs game last Thursday (which is why Morgan was at Aunt Diana's overnight) and what a pathetic showing of baseball! After game 1, I was so disappointed in them knowing how good they played all season but as always went into the game with a positive attitude. I thought they would overcome the bad game and snap out of that funk! We were with Steve and Laura and Steve made a joke before the game saying..."what if they are down 5-0 in the 2nd inning, what will we do?" Of course, pessimist Tim says, "we will leave." I laughed it off thinking, "no way!" Steve must be psychic, because that was the horrendous inning with 3 errors from the infield and just like that they were down 5-0 in the 2nd inning. We didn't leave, of course, but there were a lot of bitter Cubs fans.....at least one fan in our section was happy. He was the lone Dodgers fan. blah! Laura and I enjoyed watching one couple two rows ahead of us bicker for 3 innings, and then in the 8th, there were two old men in the front that got into a fight, so that was entertaining. Other than that, what a dull and depressing event to watch. Well, since then, with all the bad publicity the Cubs have gotten, it has only made me love them more. I feel sorry for them and can only imagine how much pressure is put on the Cubs team because of the 100 year drought of a championship. I think one day it will occur...when? Who knows, but until then, I will be hoping every year is the year. Because I still believe, and I know it is gonna happen. Go Cubs! This fan will never give up on you.

Last Saturday, we went with the Antholines to Elegant Farmer Apple Orchard. Addyson loved picking apples last year so we will probably make this place our annual event. It was really crowded but we were directed to an area with less picked apple trees so we ended up getting enough apples for both families. Addyson had so much fun again especially when she could reach the apples herself. Morgan even tried eating an apple....but with only two bottom teeth, she really only could dig them into the apple and suck out the juice. It kept her occupied for most of the time we were out there. Kaylee chowed down on a couple of apples and really surprised her parents with how well she ate them. Afterwards, we went to the barn to eat lunch and sat on haystacks with the rest of the crowd. The food was good and Addyson got to drink apple cider for the first time. She had so much fun and I love seeing her enjoy these things with her cousins. They are so close in age and it would be great for them to grow up together.