Ok, so I recently have started staying up until the wee hours of the morning...well, 1 AM is the latest I have been up, but that is LATE for someone who only gets to sleep in until 6:30 on a good day because of her children. The reason I have been up so late is that I am turning into my DAD! (Which to me is not a bad thing!) Let me explain.....I have got an internet addiction (that is how it relates to my father)...more specifically, mine is a BLOG addiction! First, I look at all my friends' blogs and when they haven't updated, I move on to the Blogger Home page and look at the "Blogs of Note" or I go through all the blogs that I can when you click on the "Next Blog" link. It is pathetic. I have learned more about people I don't know than about people I do know! Also, I have seen more blogs in a language I can't understand or actually never knew was out there. Who knew that people around the world liked to blog and not just Americans! HAHA! Yesterday, I learned about a married mom with two boys that lives in Atlanta and started a photography company in 2006....and let me tell you, some of the pictures were amazing. She had a little blurb about every picture she took and about all the couples that she met while photographing them at their weddings, or if her subjects were children she explained their personalities and what they did during the photo shoot....that blog alone took up about 30 minutes of my time...the sad thing is, I don't really have 30 minutes to spare on these people! ARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!! At least, it passed the time while watching the Cubs game....they have me on the way to a nervous breakdown as it is! It is nice to read about someone else's stress sometimes! I found a couple of blogs that I would like to share and these bloggers seem to enjoy sharing their lives with the world, so I hope they don't mind! They are cute blogs and if anyone wants something to do (Not that any of us have time or anything) or something fun to read, here they are:
http://www.bottlesbarbiesandboys.blogspot.com/ - this one is from a stay at home mom of three....it is pretty hilarious!
http://work-girl.blogspot.com/ - this one is from two working girls....it deals with the every day grind of a working woman but I really enjoyed it....it brought back a lot of memories for me from when I worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers in downtown Chicago. Boy, did I have some of the same stories to tell and some that I can tell but definitely wouldn't be putting into print! HAHA!
Today was Addyson's last day of Summer Preschool. She really loved going to preschool this summer. Today, when we walked in she was jumping up and down in front of the teacher and the teacher looked at her and said, "I just love that!" It made me feel good to be sending my little girl to spend the day with someone who appreciates her! The wonderful thing is this same teacher will be Addyson's 3 year old preschool teacher in the Fall. I can't wait for her to experience the joys of school. Diana and I grew up loving school so I hope Addyson and Morgan feel the same way about it. Addyson was a little disappointed that her buddy, Christa, wouldn't be there today but Christa was sick last night....hopefully, not like Tim and I were last weekend...that was miserable, but she understood what throwing up meant so she knew that Christa needs to get better so that she can play with her soon at the YMCA. Christa will be with Addyson at preschool in the Fall so that makes the transition of going to school a lot easier on a child, I think, when they have a familiar face with them. And now that she knows her teachers it will be easy to talk it up and get her excited.
Morgan will be 8 months old on Saturday and is now using a sippy cup. She was so excited yesterday when she figured out how to put it up to her mouth and get juice out of it. Now I need to consistently give it to her so that she gets better and better at using it. Plus, she still needs to figure out how to hold her bottle so she can drink that on her own as well. For some reason this is pro
Yesterday, we went for a walk in the neighborhood and the first thing Addyson said was, "The rocks came back!" Yes, the water has finally receded after 6 weeks from our ditch! We still have a long way to go before the water on the side of our house dries up and we have some grass seed to plant because a lot of the grass died, but the water levels are slowly going down and we are starting to feel a sense of relief but we know that if something is not done, this can happen all over again. The main problem the neighborhood is dealing with now is who is going to pay to resolve the issue! I have a lot of faith that it will get done, though. There are too many nice families that live here to give up on it! We love living here and hate the fact that this is bringing all of us down.




No comments:
Post a Comment