I cannot believe that I have finally found some time to post on this site! It has been almost 3 weeks since the last one. We have done quite a bit so that may be why I am so busy but I still feel like I should have been keeping this thing updated during that time. Let's see....the weekend after Father's Day, Tim and I went to Chicago to watch the Cubs beat the White Sox....the fourth inning was very memorable with the Cubs scoring nine times! Addyson and Morgan stayed at Grandpa Pat and Grandma Rosie's house. After we picked up the girls, we went to Tara and Ty's for a swimming party and fireworks. Addyson wanted to go home right before the fireworks started because she all of a sudden was scared of them....but I convinced her to watch them out
of my bedroom window so she now realizes that they aren't so scary after all. Actually, it is all she has talked about since seeing them. We will get to see them Saturday night from our house when they let them off in Okauchee over the lake.
of my bedroom window so she now realizes that they aren't so scary after all. Actually, it is all she has talked about since seeing them. We will get to see them Saturday night from our house when they let them off in Okauchee over the lake.Last Wednesday, Addyson went to a Summer Fun class at her preschool which she loved. She will be going to that every Wednesday throughout July and she gets so excited because she takes her l
unch like a "big kid" and gets to eat with her new friends. It is good for me to spend one on one time with Morgan and it is really great for me to get to go to the store with only one kid! And to top it off, it is the one child that can't speak or cause a commotion!
unch like a "big kid" and gets to eat with her new friends. It is good for me to spend one on one time with Morgan and it is really great for me to get to go to the store with only one kid! And to top it off, it is the one child that can't speak or cause a commotion! Last weekend, we drove down to Peoria, IL to visit Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Kenny. It has been awhile since we had gone down there and Morgan is at the age where she will sit in the car without too much fussing. It was overall a good trip down...Friday evening we went to the Peoria Chiefs game (Chicago Cubs Single A Affiliate) and Tim was able to get Ryne Sandberg's autograph which was his highlight, Addyson got to see both mascots (fire dogs - a real dalmatian and a dressed up
one) which was her highlight, and I actually got to drink two beers at a baseball game and see Shane Keough (The Real Housewives of Orange County) bat a few times which were my highlights! Haha!! (As my sister knows, I am kind of obsessed with that show.) Anyway, we had fun and the girls were good at the game. The next night, we got to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (which we love and can't wait for the Pewuakee restaurant to open) and see our good friend Erikka who we miss dearly! She was my roommate at EIU and in Chicago.....Tim and I love getting together with her and telling all of our crazy stories from the past, we always have a ball with Erikka.
one) which was her highlight, and I actually got to drink two beers at a baseball game and see Shane Keough (The Real Housewives of Orange County) bat a few times which were my highlights! Haha!! (As my sister knows, I am kind of obsessed with that show.) Anyway, we had fun and the girls were good at the game. The next night, we got to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (which we love and can't wait for the Pewuakee restaurant to open) and see our good friend Erikka who we miss dearly! She was my roommate at EIU and in Chicago.....Tim and I love getting together with her and telling all of our crazy stories from the past, we always have a ball with Erikka. This past week hadn't been too crazy until today. I tried to take Morgan to get her 6 month (I know, I am a month late!) picture taken and every time I put her on the floor she would cry! Granted, I had to wait 30 minutes for them to be ready for us since one of their employees called in sick and it was pushing her lunch time, but still, she is usually a very easy-going baby so it was shocking that she wouldn't let them take her picture. I guess 30 minutes too late is a lot for a 7 month old. About 30 minutes later, Addyson had a huge meltdown about some pink crocs so at that point, I was ready to go home and not deal with it anymore, so I guess I am just going to try again a different day when it is just Morgan and I and Addyson is at school. Maybe that will work out better.
Oh, and one last thing for anyone who is wondering....the water has finally started to recede and we are slowly getting our yard back. Most of the grass along the perimeter is dead and has a tan or orange tint to it, but hopefully we can fix that once our sprinkler is finished. We do still have a moat around our yard but the town says they are working on a fix so we are crossing our fingers that this never happens again, but in reality we never thought we would have standing water next to our house nor did we believe that the water would ever go over the road. It just goes to show that you can never be too sure about anything.....things happen and a lot of the time, you have no control over it.
Happy Fourth of July and have a safe weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment