Thursday, August 14, 2008

It started with a bump in the night!

Last weekend started off with Addyson in the ER at 3:30 AM after falling out of bed and hitting her right eye on the nightstand. She woke up screaming for me and I assumed it was because she wet the bed, so I am half asleep feeling around to see if she actually peed or not....she kept telling me that she fell out of bed (which she had done a few times already) but it honestly took me awhile to realize that she was bleeding around her eye. Since we have dealt with this before, I knew that it was bad enough that she needed stitches, so off to the ER for Addyson and myself. At least, the ER here in our city isn't very busy, so we were only there for about an hour and we were back home asleep around 4:30. I could not believe how brave she was, she could see him stitching up her eye since it was cut right above her eyebrow, but she didn't make a peep while he was putting the 2 stitches in. She truly amazes me sometimes with her adult like attitude in situations like these. I don't know if I could have had someone coming at my eye with a needle and thread and not flinch a few times! Today she gets the stitches taken out, so she is excited that she will get to take baths again. She is not a huge fan of the shower. :O) Plus, I think she is sick of listening to me tell her to calm down because I don't want her to break open the cut above her eye! I swear she has been more rambunctious since the accident!


The next morning Tim stayed home to work while I took the girls shopping....and as any mom of two knows, it is almost impossible to go to the stores you want without some kind of fussing and complaining coming from the kids! Addyson wanted nothing to do with it so that was a complete waste of time. But Sunday we went to Aunt Amy and Uncle Dan's so Addyson was happy about that, and I was just happy to get away from home. The girls got to see their cousins and Morgan got to meet Tim's Aunt Diane and Uncle Don for the first time.


Tuesday was Kids Fest and Addyson had a ball. The moment we got there, she wanted a balloon animal. Luckily she isn't afraid of clowns because that is what all the people making them were dressed as.....we waited in line for about 40 minutes but she got to meet "Tickles" and she got the flower balloon she wanted so it was worth the wait. Luckily, it didn't pop until the next day because I was not about to stand in that line again! Kids Fest had a lot of community participants advertising their businesses but each booth had to have something that related to children or some type of game for the kids. It is a lot of fun for kids that are Addyson's age and up. Unfortunately, Addyson didn't get to jump in the bounce houses or play with the table of bubbles because of her stitches but the balloon kept her happy so I was thankful of that! I don't have too much planned for the rest of the week but maybe we can find something exciting to do this weekend. I hope so because it is supposed to be gorgeous outside again and we really need to take advantage of such great weather!










No comments: