Friday, August 22, 2008

Almost time for Preschool!

OMG! I cannot believe that we only have one week left before Addyson starts preschool! This summer seems to have flown by. I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have two children to take care of now, so it has been a lot more work, and the first month of summer was a washout literally! We didn't do as much as I would have liked but next summer will have to be a makeup year with us doing everything we possibly can since Morgan will be easier to take along. Hopefully, she will be over the 2 naps....that is what has limited us this year. (Not that I mind! It has helped get me back in shape much quicker since the easiest thing for us to do is go to the YMCA every day.)

This past week has been fun for Addyson. Tim and I went to Cushing Park on Sunday with our girls and met up with Aunt Diana and her two girls. Addyson and Kaylee played on the swings and the slides and had fun on the bridges that move with you when you jump on them. It was pretty warm that afternoon so we didn't stay for too long but it was enough to get some of the energy out of Addyson that she seems to have every minute of every day! She is constantly jumping all over the place and a lot of people have commented on it recently....it is funny but very exhausting just watching her! Even at Starbucks the other day, another customer was watching her chatter nonstop and jump up and down while waiting with me for my drink and he made a joke...."get this girl an expresso shot, she needs to wake up!" Everyone in the place starting chuckling! Aghhh! The joys of having crazy children, right? HAHA! It is better than the other option, I will have to say!

Wednesday, we made the trip back to Algonquin/Huntley to Laura's to see all of our old playgroup friends. Before the playgroup, I took Addyson by our old house and she asked me, "Mommy, why did we move?" I told her, "because if we didn't, it would be a long drive for Daddy every day." We drove around a little bit and although I do miss my old friends dearly and I miss all the fun stuff we did in that area....and the shopping, restaurants, easy walk to the park, etc. (the list goes on), the congestion I dealt with on a Wednesday afternoon (at 2:30 when everyone should be at work) is not missed! It took me forever just to get to Starbucks which is not even 5 miles from Laura's house! We had a wonderful time and Addyson got to play with her old friends...Jack, Victoria, Brady and made some new friends...Olivia, Katie, & William. I got to see the babies Ella and Will and since they are growing up so fast, it seems like ages ago that I saw them! Ella, technically, is not a baby anymore, but since I had not seen her in a year, she is still a baby to me. We hope to make it down there more often since both of my kids seem to travel well and I really miss all my old friends!










No comments: