Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is almost here...

Addyson likes to dress Morgan!
Addyson singing Away in the Manger
The whole class singing
Addyson on her way into the room to sing


Today was Addyson's preschool holiday sing-a-long....it was adorable. The kids wore cute reindeer headbands that they made and a little red sticker on their nose to signify Rudolph. They sang a bunch of Christmas carols to us and it made me understand why she was all of a sudden singing songs that I had not even sung in years....I should have known that her wonderful teachers were teaching her all of them! The kids were getting into it, and I so wish I had my video camera there for it. Although with having Morgan with me, it would have made it a little difficult to tape it and take pictures. I cannot believe that Addyson has already been going to preschool for half a year. She has learned so much and I am thankful that I decided to send her instead of waiting a year to send her to 4K. Her teachers are so fun and love these kids as if they are their own!

With Christmas coming, I think Addyson feels the pressure to be good. We are trying the "elf on a shelf" thing with her, and some days she is an angel but others she is just a little monster....the funny thing though, is she will look at the elf after acting up as if to say..."did you see that?" Tim said she had a meltdown at the mall last weekend and didn't realize that she was doing it right in front of the Santa display....so needless to say, Santa was watching that time! You would think that would have straightened her up, but NO! She still is acting like a crazed lunatic at times! Ugh....I tell you, the terrible twos are nothing next to the troublesome threes! And I am sure 4 is not going to be much better! All I can hope is that we get through it all before her little sister pulls the same stunts! Seriously! I am not sure if I can handle two of them doing it! But no one ever said being a mom was easy! And if they did, they must be nuts! (Oh, I forgot....my husband thinks that......)

No comments: