So, I just realized that once again I haven't updated this awhile. I need to get back on my weekly schedule. The girls got to trick or treat at their Aunt Diana's on Halloween night since our town's trick or treating was the weekend before and they had so much fun. They love going to their Aunt Diana's and Uncle Bob's. It is so wonderful that Diana and I get to watch each other's children grow up together. They will probably be a bunch of banshees within the next year or so, once Morgan and Ashlyn are running around. It might get a little chaotic, I am guessing but it should make for a lot of humor or it could put all of us in the loony bin!
Last week was a sad week for the Davis family. Tim's grandmother, Phyllis, passed away at the age of 87. She was an amazing and caring woman who raised 5 kids, all of whom are wonderful people. She raised her kids on a farm and it made her one tough intelligent lady. Phyllis was the type of person that if you met her once, you would never forget her. She was thoughtful, friendly, smart, and always happy. Tim said that he has never known her to frown or get upset. I had never seen that either, but after some of the stories that his dad and siblings tell me about the ornery things they did as kids, I have a hard time believing that they never got in trouble. haha! Anyway, she had such a great place in my heart and I loved to listen to her tell stories at the assisted living home she lived in about some of the other residents. (Who knew that others' grandparents could be so cheeky! hehe!) She will be greatly missed but always remembered. We love you Grandma Phyllis!
The past week was eventful for the great USA! The people spoke and decided that they were ready for a change. I was completely thrilled and in awe of Barack Obama when he came out to make his speech after winning the presidency. We broke the glass ceiling for minorities and anyone who thought they could not become what they always dreamed to be. This is an amazing time for the US and I hope we can take charge and take advantage of this moment to turn things around and get families on the right track again. It won't be easy but if everyone rallies together and supports each other, I believe that we can do greater things and get back to what we were 5-10 years ago.
Morgan turns one on November 26th, which completely astounds me since it feels like yesterday that she was born. She has a third tooth coming in, and it is the only one on top and it looks hilarious....can you say snaggletooth? :O) But I am sure the rest are soon to follow. She hates riding in the car these days and pretty much screams the entire time, but she is so small still that she will just have to get used to it again, because I doubt she will get turned around anytime soon because of her weight. She is starting to get more balance and learning to stand on her own but I am guessing that walking isn't going to be anytime soon. She refuses to cruise and will just stand there and point instead of going to get whatever it is she wants. She does eat well and is pretty much eating whatever we eat now, and she is doing well with not getting the bottle. That should make it very easy when it comes time to remove the "before bed" bottle. Addyson still gives Morgan a hard time, and still pulls her legs out from underneath her when she is crawling or knocks her down when she is standing, but I hope that will only make Morgan stronger in the end. Don't get me wrong, Addyson gets in trouble for doing it, but she is pretty sneaky and does it when I turn away for a second. Then I hear the crying and you can tell by Addyson's look that she did it again!!! Addyson is growing up fast as well. Yesterday, we took her to her 2nd dentist appointment already. Her teeth look great and although she would not let them clean her bottom teeth with the "spinning" toothbrush (she jumped out of the chair and wanted to go home at that point), she did let the hygienist give her a fluoride treatment....it was banana flavored and all that Addyson talked about the rest of the day. To see my little girl in that big chair brought back a lot of memories of my dentist as a kid! Man, did I hate the dentist! Addyson is still loving preschool and still takes gymnastics with Maggie. She also still has her cooking class on Friday but did say that she wants to take something else next time. We may try a Spanish class...maybe before we go to Mexico this winter.




No comments:
Post a Comment